Thursday, January 28, 2010

Revamps

So my sister showed me this shirt tutorial and I decided that I had to make me one. Well, it didn't quite turn out how I was hoping it would. Sometimes I get really frustrated with sewing because I want it to turn out one way and then there seems to always be something wrong with it. I get discouraged and then put off trying something else for a while. Well I was talking with my husband last night and we both decided that we needed to "rise to the challenge", he with school and me with sewing. I am kind of excited about it especially because I made some leggings for Madison and they actually turned out how I wanted them too. WOOHOO! So here are a few pictures of my creations. Hope you enjoy!

Before picture of my shirt. I was going to get rid of it anyways so I thought "what do I have to lose."
After picture of the shirt. The ruffles didn't stay as ruffled as I had hoped and they aren't as centered as I wanted. But I think it would look okay with a cardigan. It would mask my mistakes :)

This is a picture of her in her leggings and a hair bow I made her. I thought they turned out super cute. Oh, here is the tutorial for her leggings. She has such skinny legs that she needs them to be like tights at top to stay on her :)


Just another picture I thought was adorable.

So what do you think of my attempts at sewing? I hope that I will be able to improve myself. Like they always say "Practice makes Perfect!"

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Everything looks so good. Way to go! I like your shirt and Madison is adorable. Keep sewing! You'll get even better than you are now. :)

Lauralee said...

Kristin I think everything turned out cute. I cant even see your mistakes on your shirt, its darling. I want to make me one now. Love you

Kristin said...

Thanks guys! I need the encouragement. Everything you make turns out so good.

Amanda said...

I love your shirt. I want to see it in person. I've been thinking about how to do something like that for Grace, maybe in dress format? Anyway, I love it! And Madison looks as cute as always!