Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Madison's Room

So I have been working on Madison's room the past couple weeks. I got permission to paint her room! I am so excited. I am just waiting for my mom to come and help :). In the meantime I have been working on repainting some of her old things. Everything was white and I felt like it needed color. Well I got color and now I am trying to adjust to it. These are some frames that are now all different colors.

I still need to find pictures to go in them all. I was wondering if they are to bold. I think the gray one looks kind of like a gravestone and I haven't finished the pink one yet.This next picture is of her closet doors. I spray painted some white muslin with a creamy gold color. How did I get the design? Well I lay ed some lace fabric over the top and then spray painted (you will see in some other pictures). I starched it to her doors so that I can remove it later. The paint is varied in depth of color and I kind of like it.

Here are some dresser drawers that I am going to be painting like her closet doors. Except it isn't going onto fabric, just painting right onto the drawers.

Here they are with the lace on top and taped in place.

And this is the finished product up close. I really like it. Sorry the pictures are a little blurry.



What do you guys think? It adds a lot to the room. I am still trying to get used to all of the color changes. I hope that I can pull it all together! Thanks Mel for so much lace. I am in love with this new technique of lace. :)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That looks really cool. Cant wait to see it all come together. You should put some gold fabric behind the lace in your pillow to kind of tie it together. Very fun though!

Ashley said...

That is awesome- I love the lace idea!

Amanda said...

The room looks so cool! I love the closet doors. That lace technique is awesome! You are always coming up with such inspiring ideas!